Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Is It Almost Over Yet

Been doing some cooking and I actual or I should say my daughter made some Fat Burning Blueberry Muffins. Tracy asked where is the amount of blueberry's listed? Well it never called for any but we threw them in anyway. And no I did not remember to take pictures. Anyway these muffins called for almond butter and almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and eggs. This was one expensive recipe and well they weren't very tasty. Although my granddaughter loved them go figure. I kept some for me and I have heated mine and added a little butter to add moisture. Not bad with coffee and that counts for my breakfast because let me tell you they are filling and not very large.

I found this little recipe book at the check out as I waited with the rest of the customers who refuse to do self check out.
Quinoa and other Grains
I found a recipe for Spinach and Fetta Farro Stuffed Peppers
I couldn't find Farro so I used Quinoa

The recipe called for 6 servings so I just cut it down and made serving for 4 as you can see I used one red and one yellow pepper.
It was delicious and I had one with a side of cauliflower with seasoning and some melted cheese, another night I had baked zucchini on the side and I froze the other 2.
1 pk 8.8 oz quick- cooking farro prepared according to pkg using vegetable broth in place of water.
1tbl olive oil
1/2 cp sliced green onion
1 pkg baby spinach
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbl chopped oregano
1 can 14 oz petite diced tomatoes drained
1/8 tps black pepper
1 container 4 oz crumbled feta cheese, divided
3 large bell peppers halved lengthwise, cores and ribs removed
Pre-heat over t 350

Heat oil in large skillet over medium - heat, Add green onions, spinach, garlic and oregano; cook 3 min, stirring frequently. Stir in farro, tomatoes black pepper and 1/2 cup cheese

Spoon farro mixture into bell pepper place in shallow baking pan. Pour 1/4 cp water into bottom of pan; cover with foil.

Bake 30 min or until bell peppers are crisp-tender and filling heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

You can substitute anything you like I usually do. 

And is it almost over I am so ready for fall now.

Good Night All

4 comments:

  1. Me too. In fact the night times seem to be a bit cooler as now am pulling my throw blanket up over my shoulders during the night, instead of just leaving it to cover my feet. But, we still have early Sept to get thru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I can't complain about the weather so far in August..it's been nice so far, less rain and more blue skies. Back in SC I can only imagine how humid it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought almond flour some months ago but have never used it. I like blueberries in just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily,
    Yes the night temps are better and we are into high 60's as of this morning of course it doesn't last to long but throwing open the windows and opening the doors was an absolute delight.

    Hi Sondra,

    I bet it is gorgeous there now. It was nice to see clear blue sky's wit just a few fluffy clouds today.

    Hi Gypsy,

    I will make these muffins again just to use up the flour much to expensive to waste and since my granddaughter liked them I will give her half the batch.

    ReplyDelete