Sunday, January 7, 2018

Beautiful Day At The Desert Museum

My youngest daughter had a birthday on Dec. 21, it was cold and she was working so many crazy hours that we couldn't celebrate her birthday. All she wanted was to be able to pet the Sting Rays at Desert Museum. Well today we finally went the weather was perfect.
This beautiful guy was right at the entrance is a Harris Hawk
 Now that's a face only his mother could love
 Garden eels

 See Horses
 You have to wash your hands and arms before you can put your hands in the water. Palms down and stay still. As you can see the Ray's will either go over your hand or under. This one even gave her hand a kiss




 Female Northern Cardinal Thx for correcting me Sondra

 OK  I believe this guy is from the Heron family? Sondra?
Black - crowned Night - Heron
 How would you  like to brush up against this tree


 Steeler's Jay


 After I zoomed in even more


It was a fantastic day and my daughter was very happy. Even if I had to drag her away from the Sting Rays. We missed a lot of stuff but I was so done. Maybe we will go again before it gets to hot.
And still was having trouble with camera not always focusing. Don't know why.


Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. Hi JO what a fun day with your daughter! She is like my son he prefers nature over malls for a family outing. Is she single? Just kidding of course...I'm trying to fix my son up but he gives me that looks when I do...oh well I trying to help.
    It's a Black Crowned Night Heron, your large bird on the ground there. The hawk is a Harris Hawk, and you got the male and female Northern Cardinal! Awesome birds. So hard to get a decent photo of a Stellar's Jay they are always in motion...great job on all these photos.
    My camera is doing the same it's been on it's last leg for a while now...I just don't have the cash to replace it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    So happy you names my birds that I didn't know I have the bird book and the night heron just didn't look right but I guess it was and I.
    Yes she is single! ahaha I would love to see her with a decent guy.
    Like you I can't afford to replace this camera I'm sure the newer model is even more expensive.
    Thanks for giving me the updates on my blog I will go in and fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo! I loved the pictures! What a cool museum. I like the Harris Hawk. I like the flower with the honey bee.

    I have the same problem with my Canon camera. Sometimes I will quickly tap the picture button. That makes it try and re-focus. Other times I say the camera back and forth to try and trick it in to re-focusing. It's finicky at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter looks like she was having a great time! Loved your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brad,

    It is mostly outdoors with a few indoor exhibits of reptiles and aquarium. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I'm going to print the bee in the flower. I have lots of my pictures hanging in my house.
    When my friend was checking out my face book and he saw I was having problems he called and talked my through better settings he doesn't think it's the camera so once this crazy weather clears I'll go out and see how it goes. He also blames it on age and not being able to hold the camera steady LOL. I'll let you know. This is also a Canon SX50HS

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Oh she loved it, said they feel like gummy bears. Happy you liked my pictures.

    ReplyDelete