Sunday, January 21, 2018

Cold Front For Real

They kept announcing about this big cold front heading our way for Sat. 1/20 with crazy winds and lots of rain and snow on the mountains. After the last big announcement a few weeks ago I sure didn't believe them this time. But I did cook up a nice big pot of chicken soup just in case. Friday the temperature was 78 and just a slight breeze. Saturday morning I let Fred out and it sure didn't seem all that chilly to me. So I scoffed at the weather report and settled in with my coffee and my FB reading. I posted about another bad weather error only to have to eat my words about 20 min. later when the wind came up with a vengeance, sun seemed to have taken a vacation and the clouds moved in. You could feel the cold coming right into the house. I had to turn the furnace up. Around 2 pm the rain hit pretty good for about 20 min. 
I was happy I had put out the humming bird feeders when I first let Fred out, and took them down and covered them up before I went to bed last night. It was pretty darn cold this morning when Fred and I went out for the first outs and I rehung the feeders.

My daughter and I went off to breakfast and it sure was cold at 8:30 , sure glad I have a great heater in my truck. By time we left the restaurant this morning it had warmed up pretty good and was only chilly. 
I wanted to get a new purse, t-shirts and a 9 v battery for my carbon monoxide detector  so we went to Walmart. I didn't find a purse but did buy 3 t- shirts, the battery , a set of flannel sheets that were on clearance for $19 and had the deep pocket fitted sheet a new strap for my camera but decided I really don't like it and will return it. Then we headed off to Spectrum outdoor mall. We hit Ross and I found a really nice purse there and Tracy found a few things she liked too.
By time we left there it was really hot in the truck and we headed home.

We sat on the porch for a few minutes but it was pretty cold again and the wind had picked up too.

This cold may last until tomorrow then go back into the low 70's with another cold front coming in for next weekend again. I might not scoff that one off.

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. Low 70's would be a heat wave here right now. We've had the strangest winter...with prolonged periods of extreme cold, snow, and today it sure looks like rain! I have to get busy and get my chores done before it starts coming down! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      We are at 52 right now. That to me is fine I can handle that. Hope you get your chores done before the rain starts

      Delete
  2. Glad you are adjusting to the changing weather.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick n Kathy,
      As long as the house if comfy I'm good with the cold outside.

      Delete
  3. The weather lately has been so crazy! We were frozen solid for almost a week, and although most of the neighbors had issues with freezing pipes, we managed to get through it with no problems. Except my face hurt from the cold! Brrr! Stay warm, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tattersmana,

      So happy you didn't have frozen pipes that can be a really bad thing. Yes this is a crazy winter. I don't mind the cold as long as the house is comfy. Had some furnace problems a while back and my face was frozen terrible feeling. LOL

      Delete