Thursday, May 24, 2018

My New Hobby

We have been having some pretty nice temperatures and the winds don't pick up until early afternoon. So I get out as early as possible to do what ever needs doing.

I bought a Brother sewing machine after much searching around for a used one. The new machine was cheaper than the used ones. I didn't need a bunch of fancy stuff I just want to sew some things. Of course this started a new redo of Fred's Man Cave, don't know if he really likes the invasion yet. But I finally finished the set up yesterday and later on today I will get out the manual and start figuring out how this machine will work. I have a cover to make for my foot stool and rework the covers I made for the arms of the chair. I also have this problem with collars of T-Shirts and always cut a v in the neck so now I can sew them up so they don't look sloppy. I tried doing them by hand but they didn't come out so nice.

My daughter took the bed out of the camper for me and I still haven't finished clearing it out. I don't know if I will redo it or not. I'm sure the urge to go again will hit me but putting it all back won't be the first time. And I will continue to look for either an Aliner or a van. And at this time with the high gas prices it's best not to carry around a load in the back of the truck.

You All Have A Great Day

7 comments:

  1. Sewing is such a good hobby I made a living sewing for 26 yrs in my upholstery shop! And summer is the time for indoor projects. Hope you find just the right set up for yourself. Another weekend approaches and my time here is growing short! Enjoy your new toy I know Fred will be thrilled to share his space with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have some fun with that sewing machine. And High gas prices there are nothing like here in Canada at $5.55 a gallon. We won 'y be travelling to far here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sondra,
    Thanks for the encouraging words. When my girls were very young I used to sew all the time. But for some reason I just gave it up. Yes this is a big weekend and outside of going to breakfast with my daughter I'm staying off the roads. do you know if your place at home is OK with all the rain and flooding?

    Hi George,

    I hope I can pick up what I used to know I'm sure I will. OH MY you are paying alot for gas. I can understand staying put for a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always good to have a hobby in particular now that it is just so hot and many prefer to stay indoors.

    Our Awesome Travels - I don't think I will be complaining about the price of gasoline anymore. In comparison to yours ours are a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MsBelinda,

    I finally set it up today and tried to sew something but I just wasn't quite getting what I wanted out of it and then my back started giving me problems because of the chair so I just quit for the day.

    Yes I saw their gas prices that's is high. I don't know if ours went any higher and I have just made short runs to the grocery store and home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I understand about the gas woes. It's breaking the bank pretty good here in Iowa, too. I agree that a minivan would be a great camper. the old Express ever dies, I would go that route. Minivan's are very spacious and it seems like the space is very flexible. Have a great one, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brad,

    Canada seems to have worse gas prices there. But it still is tough and staying put seems to be the only route right now, besides the fact we are heading into the triple digit here my the end of this coming week.

    ReplyDelete