Sunday, May 27, 2018

Thank All Veterans and Present day Military Women and Men

I always try to thank our service people when I encounter them. Since we have a large base here you can see them often. I also thank the Firemen and women. These folks all have tough jobs and are out to serve us in this country. 

Haven't done much since my last post. I did set up the machine and do a few tests, not sure about this machine we shall see. They sure don't make threading easy for the bottom and top. Very little room to work for threading. But I'll give it a few more tries if it doesn't get better back it goes.

You all have a safe and happy Veterans Day

6 comments:

  1. I haven't sewed in well over 40 years. Never really learned to sew, knit, crochet. My Mom and Grandmother did. They had no patience to teaching me ....... being I am left handed. I am sure you will enjoy your new hobby.

    You asked about the ditch shown in my blog. Not a ditch. It's the start of digging the pond. Lot more to be done. It is starting to fill, having a natural spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I come from a line of family in the garment industry, but I am not very good at it anymore but I will try my best. My mom must have taught me to crochet but I could never knit no matter how hard I tried.

      I was wondering after I asked about the ditch if that might be where the pond will be. How exciting can't wait to see it done.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully after a few tries you'll get the hang of the threading process...and when I had my machine and needed to switch threads, I would cut the spool off leave the thread that is threaded still in place tie a knot at the new spool, and just raise the presser foot and pull the new one thru saves a lot of time! Have a safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my dad taught me about the threading but I had to start from nothing, it did have a fully fulled bobbin in it. I did try to make a new color one but I don't think it came out, I guess I'll know when I try to use it.

      Delete