Saturday, November 10, 2018

Thank You to All Veterans!

Thank you all Veterans past and present! Bless you all!

Well my last weeks flu shot sure caused me a wealth of issues. Had to go to the Dr. My blood sugar started to rise and my blood pressure was out of control. Seem I either got a bad batch or it wasn't properly injected which seem more the case, he didn't get it far enough  in to the muscle, which caused other things to try and fight the shot it's all pretty much confusing to me. Happy to say the blood sugar is way back down and doing well. I had to start taking high blood pressure medication but we think it will only be until this to is under control. I will go to a pharmacy tomorrow to check it out and  see the Dr. again on Thurs.. Of course if it is under control and getting to low I will stop the medication.

I tell you if it isn't one thing its always another. 

I've been keeping busy and getting lots of things done. Doing more walking around the stores for exercise and I have lost a few pounds much to my surprise.

Our weather has been really nice but the nights are going to start being very cold and I'm so happy Michael came Thur. morning and turned on my heat. He stayed awhile to make sure everything is running perfectly. 

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a rough time with this year's flu shot. Sometimes makes you wonder if it is worth it until you get the flu, especially at our age. Days and nights are either cool or cold here. My last hummer left a week or so ago and no stragglers have showed up so will take that down Monday. Daughter is coming from Kansas for Turkey Day so getting ready for the week's visit. Have my left wrist, left knee and left ankle all wrapped to keep them from giving out on me and falling. Ain't old age grand? Have a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that things are getting under control and you now have the heat back on for the winter again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily,

    Your right about not wanting the shot until you get the flu and at our age that is not a good thing.

    Don't over do it for Thanksgiving and enjoy your daughter's visit. Hope you post the event on your blog. And no getting old ain't grand haha I had to stop feeding the hummers as the woodpeckers started to be a problem feel bad because we have then here year round and it is cold now so I know they need the nectar

    Hi George,

    Yes seems like all is going back to normal of course these days what is normal or for me anyway.
    Sure glad I had the heat turned on it's on now low 40's last night and at this time it is up to 48 F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are having a reaction to the flu shot..glad you're getting it under control. It's cold here tonight we expect a freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo! I'm glad you are feeling better. I understand about the blood sugar and blood pressure. Some times it's hard to know why things are running too high. Glad it's back under control for you! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sondra,

    This was a first but I'm glad its all going back to normal now. WOW a freeze seems like we don't have a fall just lets jump right into winter. Hope your as ready as you can be. Had to turn on my heat this morning so I could take a shower then cut it off. Stay warm.

    Hi Brad,

    It sure gave me a bit of a fright with the blood pressure the sugar I know how to get it down but I have never had high blood pressure before. And happy belated Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I only had one flu shot in the past 25 years or so. I've been around people with colds and flu but never seem to have a problem. Of course, other things bother me - isn't that just the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gypsy,

    I wouldn't bother if it wasn't for the copd can't afford to get flu which can turn into pneumonia. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete