Monday, March 25, 2019

The Heat Is On

You must know by the title I am not happy. We are into the 80's for the highs. While mornings are still bouncing between high 40's and mid 50's.

So off came the flannel sheets and regular ones went on today. I just ordered these sheets from a company through Amazon and I am very disappointed in them. I have never paid this much for sheets before I have never even paid this much for a comforter set. Trying to find sheets to fit this mattress has been a problem. The mattress is 15" and I have a 1.5" memory foam topper. The add said the pockets would fit up to an 18" mattress. I had a struggle to get them on. Also the color was much darker in the add. I can live with that. Since I wash everything before using things made out of material I can't even send them back. I will no longer order anything from Amazon unless it is strictly sold by Amazon. I ordered something like that once before and I really wasn't happy with the product and they wanted me to pay return shipping and a restock fee. I sold the product instead.

Getting back to the weather. I have been sleeping with the ceiling fan on. I guess it's time to call my A/C guy and get things switched over. Yay more money out the door. I am considering putting in another swamp cooler, this time of year they work great. Once the humidity sets in then they aren't worth running. But in the meantime they are quite the money saver.

I still may take off this week for Madera but for sure next Wed. Hope it has opened up a few spots by know. The kids are back in school so it should be OK.

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Am thinking of calling my swamp cooler guy too, so warm inside and nice outside. If I had a screened in porch, that is where I'd be right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a cool down starting today and probably frost tonight! Lots of flowering shrubs may get it...I have the same problem...there is no place here in my town to buy decent sheets. So I like you ordered my last off internet. I think I used ebay. Was not all that happy with them but i kept and used them. Bed Bath and Beyond is pretty good, but it's too far away from me.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say with your bedding dilemma ..... oh sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily,

    Yes it isn't bad outside but boy does it get hot in here. Bed time it was 81 in the house and had to turn on the A/C. GRrrr I have a porch but it isn't screened in But right now it is so filthy from all the wind. Need to get the shop vac out there and clean it up.

    Hi Sondra,

    I hope it doesn't get to cold tonight and hurt the pretty flowers. For what I paid for these sheets Bed, Bath and beyond would be the same price or cheaper.

    Hi Phyllis,

    LOL yep.
    Hope Len is doing OK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't bought a set of sheets for years that I really like. I want cotton sheets, but not the slippery soft kind they sell now - I like the old fashioned ones that dried crisp on the clothesline! I try to not order anything from Amazon because I have heard so many negative stories about how they treat their employees, but sometimes that's the only place you can find a product you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gypsy,

    Those are the kind of sheets I want too. I don't think they make them anymore. And those nasty micro sheets are horrible and so are the Jersey ones. Those nice crisp sheets always felt so good in summer.
    I haven't heard anything negative about Amazon and I know some people who do the pre Christmas jobs and go back every year. They say they are treated very well. Who knows everyone has their own oppion I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you washed your sheets I doubt they will let you return them but then again it does not hurt to at least try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fulled out a how do you like this buy and believe me I let them know how little I liked it.

    ReplyDelete