Friday, March 8, 2019

Unexpected Change

As I was just getting ready to walk out the door my friend Lucy, called and said Madera Canyon was full and what should we do next. I got back on the computer and started searching for a new place. The only thing I could find was Gilbert Ray Campgrounds. So they headed over there and I was about to leave once again when they called and said it was full. WHAT! So they headed to Snyder Hill, reviews were not impressive. But I couldn't believe that Gilbert Ray was full, so I called them direct and she said yes we were but not anymore. They had 20 RV's pulling out as they hit the 7 day limit. So I got them back on the phone and told them to head back there. So we finally found sites and it all worked out just fine.

They had already gotten themselves set up with a nice canopy for shade. They work like speed demons. LOL I pulled into my site right next to them and I started to pull out everything to set up inside with curtains so when it was time to go in for the night my space was cleared.

The weather was wonderful and even at 80 degrees there was a nice gentle breeze that made it a great day under the canopy. 
Lucy was always cooking up a storm and had coffee going early in the morning. The only thing brought over of mine was my chair and ice chest and of course Fred who hates camping.

But there weren't any beautiful wild flowers anywhere to be seen not even along the road out to the campground.

But OH the sunsets 
The start of Wed.s sunset






Sunset on the south side mountains

 Lucy and Darryl's dog Harley's tent and sleeping bag Fred loved it and no he isn't getting one

 The only wild flowers around anywhere
 Now here's something maybe my friend Sondra can tell me what is going on here. I don't know if this is a mating pair of Ravens or a parent and juvenile

Thur. sunset





Phainopepla, female


Good Night All

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you got there finally and had some nice weather. for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,

    It felt wonderful to be camping again. But a bigger rig is needed for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a wonderful trip even with a venue change, the sunset photos are amazing. I had a similar thing for Casey he destroyed it the very first time he used it I put him in it when we were at the beach I was swimming in the ocean and I see Casey walking down the beach! WHAT? ran to catch him went back to the mangled mess he had left his fabric cage in lol...so I got a refund.(reason for return, it should last more than one day) That looks like mating behavior to me, spring means mating! 80 wow amazing, here it hovers in the 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunset photos are absolutely gorgeous! I just always had my dog in the tent with me, and I'll do the sae with Rocky if we ever go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,
    Yes it turned out great even though we had to change the location. I'm going to give it another try in a few weeks to see if it is better. I really want to go while the migrations are on. I knew you would have an answer for me on the birds. today the temps are back down but that's fine with me. It will get hot to soon as it is. Story about Casey is to funny.

    Hi Gypsy,

    Their dog didn't sleep in at night they took him in with them. But Fred sure did like it in there he isn't a great camping dog I can tell you that. He whines constantly, but wasn't to bad in that tent with the sleeping bag that he could burry himself under. But Harley didn't care for Fred taking up his space. I know you asked about what works and what doesn't with this camper. I will add that to my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that you finally got out to do some camping. It's a freedom that you can't experience inside a building. You can tell by the beautiful pictures that you were taking.
    We've stayed at Snyder Hill twice as a Stop over and didn't find it the best but acceptable for our needs.
    Be Safe and hope you Enjoy more camping trips this season.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rick and Kathy,
    Yes in a pinch it will work. But according to the reviews people are not removing their trash and lots of broken glass around. So sad how people don't respect our lands and I bet most of them live right here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you got to go camping. I loved the sunset pictures, it looks so calm and relaxing bet it was a stress buster.

    I had never seen a doggie tent...too cute! I liked that story about Sondra's dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MsBelinda,
    Oh it was a wonderful trip. If the weather wasn't going to go bad we would have stayed another day at least I would have.

    I know I was laughing to what a story haha. Sondra has a blog and a YouTube channel She would love it if you joined.

    ReplyDelete