Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Nice Day

Today was such a nice day for a change. Yesterday the wind was so awful. There wasn't much going out and my nice dusted furniture is loaded with dust again and I'm sure so is the truck and the porch. I did spend some time out there today while waiting for the timer on the stove to go off. And the sneezing and coughing my self and even Fred is terrible. I did pack up more items for donation and that is such a great feeling knowing I am cleaning out the house of unneeded stuff. 

I did some cooking yesterday and today I did quite a bit to. I had bought 2 steaks last week at Safeway with bacon wrapped around them. I should have know by the cheap price these were not the best cuts. I made the small one yesterday and it was really tough. So I defrosted the other one and put in my little crock pot with some soye sauce and some veggie broth and let it cook all day. Finally it started to come apart, I then added a container of veggie soup to it and now have a beef and veggie soup. Cooked up 2 chicken breasts, one with salsa and green chili and the other with a slice of bacon that I took off the steak as it had 2 slices wrapped around it and Italian seasoning. Once cooled down it all went into the freezer. With the temps going up I want to load up the freezer so I won't have to use the oven to often. 

This is the time of year I get lots of use out of my toaster oven, my large and small crock pots and the micro.

Tomorrow I will meet my friend Bobbi for lunch. Everyone else we usually go with is out of town.

Our neighborhood is getting quiet as most have left for the summer. Some back to Canada and some just to higher places to escape the heat. Hope I can be one of those myself but who knows.

Good Night All

14 comments:

  1. I figure my crockpot is going to get a lot of use this summer. And Jim can grill with the awning out to give him shade. Going to be a long summer I'm afraid. But today was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie,
      I use my crockpot all the time. Yes it is going to be another long hot summer. It gets so hot on my porch that I won't even grill out there. These awnings get so hot they make an oven out of the porch, even the carport is like that. Thank heaven for A/C

      Delete
  2. Get ready for the hot weather, never gets too hot here so we will be fine. I like cook on my BBQ whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George,

      BBQing is way to hot here.I prepare for summer like some folks have to prepare for winter lOL

      Delete
  3. Getting ready for the warm temperatures is wise. We're almost like George, even in the Hot Days I'll barbeque to keep the heat out of the Trailer.
    Hoping you get a chance to head out on some cooler adventures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      I sure hope I can get up to the Mountains this summer I have been stuck here to many summers now. To hot to BBQ here for this gal

      Delete
  4. On occasion I will cook up several items and store in freezer for later. Not often enough I must say.

    I don't know how you do it. The heat! Here in north Alabama the heat and humidity really wear me down. It's gotten that way already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phyllis,
    I have been cooking for serveral meals since I worked and I just kept it up for the most part but now with summer I pick it up. I can't stand this heat anymore. At least we dont have constant humidity but when it comes it is brutal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a very practical and wise idea to cook now and freeze it for later. You know I do not have cooking skills but more than anything I'm a slacker but I do plan to follow your example soon.

    Our kitchen is the hottest part of the house even without someone cooking. So I better hurry up before the hot temperatures descend on us.

    Congratulations on packing up more items to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes the last couple days have been hot here...we had high winds on Friday and it brought down some limbs been doing some pick up on that..and now having to water, we had all kinds of rain last month but none this month. I have pollen to sweep off my porch, it's impossible really as it just resettles, vacuuming is the only way to get rid of it. Good to get rid of anything you have no need of...it frees up your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi MsBelinda,

    If you have a crockpot and and an electric outlet on your porch you might want to cook outdoors, toaster overn or electric skillet will work better than in the kitchen. Some recipes are really easy, just google easy recipes and one pot recipes. You can cook chicken, beef, pork just about anything in crockpot. Add the veggies you like some chicken broth or veggie broth and let it cook. You don't have to stir it or anything, When is smells good check the meat to see if it is fork easy to break apart and your done.

    Hi Sondra,

    The wind is horrible and yesterday was the only nice day. today it whipped up again and we have lots of desert trees blooming and with this wind I have the yellow polling in my house Fred and I have been sneezing and coughing like crazy. There is no way that I can go camping in this weather.
    I have one more closet to clean out then time to start on the shed, and that will take up a whole truck.
    Hope you get some rain to help out with your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have an outlet on the back kitchen porch but that is where the cats hang out and Paquito would tip it over in a New York minute and eat whatever I happened to be cooking!

      I do want to try to cook on my crockpot even if it is in the kitchen though it has been at least ten years since I last used it.

      Delete
  9. I sometimes cook up a pot of chicken and vegetables and then freeze portions, but lately even that is too much work. I have all the work I can handle with my recent move! I won't be fully unpacked for a year probably!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gypsy,

    Prepared food might be just what you need right now with all that unpacking you have. Hope your eating right keep your engery level up a bit. Ive been packing stuff up but at least I wont have to unpack it. I Feel for you.

    ReplyDelete