Thursday, May 2, 2019

Exhausted

While the days are still cooler the winds come back in the afternoon. It hasn't been to hot so that is a bonus. And Monday we are going to have another cold front. LOL better dig out my winter sweats and hoodies again. It will be in the low 80's 

So my carpets are really nasty and have been bugging me for quite some time. So I started in the bedroom since I can only go around the furniture anyway. It wasn't bad but it needed to be freshened up and of course at the entrance to the room it was dirty. So I got that finished and moved into the computer room but it isn't finished but I was amazed at the dirt that came up around the front to the desk. I then moved on to Fred's room and that was filthy, I vacuumed it up really good and then started to shampoo. I had to refill the container with rug shampoo and Oxyclean 3 times man that rug was nasty. I was so exhausted and out of breath I had to plop down with some nice cold water and Tylenol. After checking to see if it was dry I once again vacuumed it and it looks great. I'll get back to the computer room tomorrow after I get grocery shopping and buy more cleaning stuff. That is if I can move in the morning. I really wish I could get rid of the carpeting altogether.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. Carpet really is a lt of work, we got rid of all ours 2 years ago, much nicer now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replacing the Carpeting with Tile would make it much easier to clean. Simply use a Swiffer Mop and you are done in no time.
    Be Safe and Enjoy not over doing it.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the hotter temperature are staying at bay for now.

    You have been a very busy lady. Lazy me got tired just reading all the work you did and hoping I could accomplish as much. Hopefully you woke up ache free this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do my area rugs the dogs keep them dingy! I hear you on the "Cant Move" that happens to me every time I spend a day working on the yard or what ever, get stiff and sore! This aging stuff sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi George,

    I think I am getting to the point of getting ride of the carpet in the living room, computor room but leaving it in my bedroom. To much work.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    That would be really nice going to start pricing out flooring soon. Getting to old for all this shampooing.

    Hi MsBelinda,
    I need to get these rugs clean so much wind has brought in all this dust and just vacuuming isn't cutting it. Needs to be nice and fresh. Got rid of 2 garbage bags of yarn today. Gave it to my friend and she is going to share it with others. Bagged up some comforters and mattress pads I'll see if my grandson wants them for the one of the kids beds.

    Hi Sondra,
    I wasn't bad at all this morning but instead of doing more carpets I cleaned out anther closet. I wanted to give yarn to my friend before she leaves for the summer. I'll get back at it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete