Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Shopping and a Nice Lunch

Monday I forced myself out the door to do grocery shopping. Made my way around the store a couple of times for things I forgot. Bought quite a bit of stuff and finally managed to get it all in the house and put the freezer and fridge stuff put away. Then realized how much stuff I forgot to put on the list grrrr. So I started another list for another day. Put up a pot of veggie soup. It had been awhile and I was out for about a week. Cooked up some veggies to. 

Tue. kind of puttered around.

Today went to lunch with a couple of friends and had a nice time. Chatting and catching up since we hadn't seen one of our friends in years. So it was quite a nice visit before she heads off on her next adventure. Until we meet again next winter.
On my way home I stopped to pick up my meds. and the forgotten groceries. 
Allergies are terrible so I picked up another round of Clariton D. The winds are still blowing and with the Palo Verde trees and the little yellow ground flowers in bloom it's been bad. Makes you want to sleep a lot too. But I try to not do that.

Tomorrow I will make eggplant Parmesan and some other veggies that will go in the oven since we are down into the mid 70's which has been grand. As I'm sitting here typing this I just remembered I should have picked up some new filters for the a/c unit. Oh well since I am not using it it can wait until Friday.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. Nice to get that shopping done and some soup soon the stove. Enjoy the cooler weather while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,
    I hate shopping so glad forced my self to go. Yes enjoying these nice cool temps. When the wind is taking a break I open doors and window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made chicken vegetable soup a few days ago. I love how easy it is to heat it up and not have to cook anything, few dishes to wash, etc. Our weather has been great as well - beautiful chilly mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know I am not the only one that forgets to buy things.

    We are supposed to have a descend in temperatures so I hope to make some kind of a soup have not decided which kind yet. This may be my last chance this spring.

    Nothing like spending quality time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gypsy,

    Love making soups, they are so easy and then you have it if your to tired to cook anything at night Especialy for you right now with just moving. The soup will be good for you and your energy.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    I don't have a very good memory so if it isn't written down and written as soon as I think about it it won't happen.
    the good thing about soup is it can be frozen so make a couple different kinds
    Yes it was great to hang out with them and still didn't catch up.

    ReplyDelete