Sunday, June 23, 2019

Another Week Already

We had to really nice 2 days to end this week. The temperature was only in the mid 90's almost jack weather. LOL

Out side of riding my bike and a run to the store I have no idea what I did this week. I must have done something. 

I did cook up some veggies and make and cooked turkey burgers, the constant dusting and vacuuming I guess you just do it and it becomes just a part of the day.

We have a really bad fire burning in the Superstition Mountains, which is in it second week now and about 96,307 acres have burned. The fire made it's way down to Roosevelt Lake all campgrounds have been evacuated and homes as well, but so far all homes and a historic ranch have been saved. These mountains hold lots of history and are  hiking and walking trails and are now destroyed because of a stupid human. At one point it was 46% contained but then the winds picked up pretty strong and now they are down to 24%. They are calling this the Woodbury Fire. This is so horrible. 

Well that's about all I have for now.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. This week has gone by fast!

    I think I must have "selective CRS" when I really need to forget what happened this week.

    It is a shame about the fire, so many acres burnt. Did someone set it on purpose or were they just careless? Hope they can put it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that we are just getting into the 90's. Always sad when we here about forest fires, hope they can get it under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. During my Career I drove the same route to and from work every day. It got to where the only thing I remembered was getting in and out of my vehicle.
    Sad when fire destroys everything. (We had a house fire that was deemed Arson.) We also enjoy our Campfires but make certain that nothing will get out of control.
    Stay Safe from the heat and Enjoy your exercises.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MsBelinda,

    They don't think it was intentional just some fool they haven't determined how it happened but is human caused.

    Hi George,

    I can live with the 90's it when it goes over that.
    If the winds and heat would stay low they have a better chance at controling this beast.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Yes me to I hated that drive to work and home it was so long and the traffic was alway bad.

    To see pictures of these fires and the saguraos that are hundreds of years old just being burned up like that is so sickening. Yes having a campfire is a great part of camping if you are smart about it I have seen your photos and your area is always free of dried grasses and kept well contained I thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to hear about that fire...I have camped in that area before, it has heavy cover of cedar, pine, and desert scrub & cacti and beautiful...such a shame! I know what you mean when ordinary days just run together and you reflect later to make sure progress is being made. More strong thunderstorms here in the night had our power off again for half the evening! My clock is blinking. Hope the rest of the week is good for you and they get a handle on that fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sondra,

    126,000 acres lost it is heart breaking. And with this heat and wind it just is hard to get it contained. Having you power going down with all that heat and humidity must be awful. Hope you don't have anymore loss of power and the storms are over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided long ago to forego the joys of a campfire. Throwing another log on usually causes a few moments of sparks flying all over the place, and it's not worth it to me to take the chance.

    ReplyDelete