Tuesday, July 23, 2019

All Fixed!

Sunday night the fan finally failed. So as soon as I got up Monday I sent Michael a message to let him know it was dead. He said he would be on his way as soon as the supply place opened. Michael lives in the small town of Benson, AZ. I have known him since he and my daughter Debbie were friends in there teens. Then he sent me a message stating he was on his way. Of course it had to be the worst humidity day so far. The temperature wasn't all that bad but it didn't matter. I turned on all the fans and opened the windows. As soon as he got here went right to work. It is exactly what he thought that the motor went to the fan and he put on another part as he saw that that part was pretty old. Oiled everything up and put it back together. I tell you when I heard that puppy start to run I could have danced if it wasn't 90 degrees in here. I started closing up windows and so did Michael. That's one of your biggest fears living here is to have your cooling system go out. The price of the repair wasn't to hard on me as I had saved back a bit of money from last month so it covered this cost.

We had a super storm come in last night. One bolt of lightening was so bright it lit up the house and I knew with that a huge clap of thunder would come. And it sure did, it shook the whole house and knocked a coffee mug off the rack I was surprised it didn't break, some pictures were even crooked. Fred even came out of his man cave tilting his head from side to side and looking at me like WTH was that.  But it sure cooled things down last night.

Wasn't to hot today at all but the humidity is up pretty high. I made an early run to the grocery store and that was it for my day outside just  puttered around the house and did some reading.

Good Night All

13 comments:

  1. Nice that you got your air conditioner fixed so quickly and reasonable too.
    Love Benson, for 4-5 years we spent a lot of time there when we had 2 affordable rv parks. A lots of fun exploring the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do live in fear that the air will quit working but so far we're good. We didn't get much of a storm Monday night - maybe 20 drops of rain. But when I got up this morning we are having a wonderful rain. Smells like creosote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that your AC is working again. At this time of year your Humidity level must be high but that Rain will bring the smell of the living desert come out.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi George,

    Yes Benson is a sweet little town. And yes so many places to explore. But yes the parks got very expensive. Had a membership to one of them

    Hi Sandie,

    This is the first time I have had a problem in 20yrs and it really wasn't the A/C it was the motor for the fan in the furnace. Happy your getting some rain in AJ love the smell of the creosote.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I was happy it was fixed that fast for sure. Humidity is high along Dew Point and Pressure which mixed together brings us monsoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought AZ was dry like CA, and am surprised th-)at your humidity levels are so high. I can barely take the hot weather we are having, but couldn't deal with humidity any more. I guess I would if I had to though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you did not have to replace your A/C unit and that it was a simple fix.

    It is comforting to have a person you trust that you can call on and they are there right away to help you out and more importantly that they charge a reasonable fee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gypsy,

    We usually are dry but this time of year the moisture builds and we get our rainy season known as the monsoons. We just hope it is a wet one to keep us from being in a drought. We had some rain today but not much. I don't do well with the humidity at all and the heat is awful.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    I knew it wasn't the A/C unit itself but the fan in the furnace which drives the air from the A/C unit into the house. It's a strange set up and I don't know if they still make them that way. But I thought I might have to replace the heating unit but I got lucky once again. Yes Michael is a great kid, of course he isn't a kid but since he and my daughter have been friends since their teen age years he will always be a kid to me as my daughter is to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Jo, glad your unit was down too long...I always worry we will loose our electric during a storm and then no AC. Glad you got some cooling effects from the storm. We have some nice weather for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sondra,

    Yes there is still the loss of electric with the storms. So far we only had those 2 1/2 days. Been thunder off in the distance but nothing more. Lots of humidity now. At least your having better weather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, for sure we need good cooling service when those hot unbearable days fall on us. How did we manage as children without A/C, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Phyllis,

    I don't know but I don't think I could live without anymore

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you about heat vs. humidity thing. In Iowa the corn releases billions of gallons of water into the atmosphere each night and it gets muggy! I had to chuckle about the lightning clap. It's fun to see the cats here panic when that happens. You probably don't have that happen as often there as we down here. Take care! -- VT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete