Sunday, July 21, 2019

Some Good, Some Not So Much

After not getting together for 3 weeks for our Sunday get together we finally made it. We had plans to go to a wonderful place for breakfast but by time Tracy got here it was to late and would have been crowded. So we went to a place we used to really like, well we don't like it anymore. The food was awful and the service was not it's best. So that has been scratched off our list.

Then we did a little shopping but it was already so hot the A/C in the truck could barely cool us down. So home we came. But at least we had our day together. Our day may be changing as she is starting a new job and she may have to work Sundays, But I have nothing to do so what ever day it is will work for me.

Now for the not so good. Wed. night just as I had fallen to sleep this screeching noise woke me up. It was quite load and I held my breath hoping it wasn't my A/C. Didn't hear it again so back to sleep I went. Yesterday each time the A/C ran the course it started to screech but not load like the other not. Great just what I wanted to happen. So I called my A/C guy and we talked about the noise. He asked was inside or out. Inside. My A/C is set up to run through the furnace. Well the furnace is about 25 yrs old now and it has been having problems but Micheal always managed to get it going. I told him it must be time for a new one and he said maybe but he is coming to look at it tomorrow. He wanted to come right away but I said as long as it's blowing cold air it can wait, unless it quits then I will call crying and you'll find me in my truck with the A/C on. LOL 

So as far as me heading up the my beloved Mountains this summer it just isn't going to happen. I already know about how much it will cost for a new furnace. 

I'm just happy it lasted through the weekend as I'm sure Michael could use some time off with him working in this heat. And who knows if he had to go out on emergency calls anyway.

Oh well at least I have my bike to ride and keeping it at the 8mls for a while. Doing lots of reading so as not to run the TV to through out more heat and use more electric

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when your plans for going somewhere don't work out? I've totally given up on going anywhere to get away and set up my tent for a day or two. I hope you can find a way to get to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully things will work out and you can get away to the mountains soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the Heating/Cooling System starts making loud noises it needs to be looked at ASAP. Hopefully it won't involve replacing the entire system. I could be something as simple as the Fan Motor or adding another brace to the duct work.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your bike riding.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gypsy,
    I was all ready for this trip. I know how you feel about plans going the way side. Maybe when it cools down in the fall I can do some local trips.

    Hi George,

    Thanks for the encouraging words, I sure would love to get there.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Guys on his way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get the ac fixed up good before it goes out altogether. Hang in there, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jim my Friend,

    It was the motor to the fan and a flux something. Sure beat what I thought it was going to cost me I can tell you that. By time it was all fixed it was 90 degrees in the house and I was heading out to the truck to run A/C then I heard it come on. Yeppeeee

    ReplyDelete