Friday, September 20, 2019

Out Doors

My daughter was given a full time position at her new job but it means she works Sundays. We tried for Sat. but it's Jr's game day so that wasn't going to work out. We figured Friday's was the best bet. So I picked Tracy up at 9am and we headed for a place we used to go to more often until the dreaded heat came. Oh what a beautiful morning it was.

After breakfast we stopped at a Fry's to pick up something Walmart Neighborhood store no longer carries. It was still early so we decided to go over to Kirkland's and look around. We both saw lots of lovely things but we didn't buy anything. Then went over to Old Navy to see what they had on sale as Tracy needs new jeans. But the sale doesn't start until tomorrow and you need the store credit card so nothing spent there either.

After I dropped her off I went back to the garage for them to finish removing the deep cycle batter and pull the wires clean through and remove them. It was so nice out that I stayed out side while they did the work. Yes it was that nice out 93 degrees with a slight breeze. I think I spent more time outdoors today than I have since May. What a glorious feeling. After getting home I spent more time out doors checking the camping gear and figuring out how I can still use my little coffee maker. I can connect it to the lighter in the truck and run the wire through the middle windows so that worked out just fine. I had bought a longer cable a while back.

Some time in the next few days we will get lots of rain from the storm Lorena up from Mexico and then another one will be right behind that one. We really need the rain since Monsoon Season was a real bust.

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Nice that you got the battery issue taken care of and can still use you coffee maker. Enjoy th rain when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,

    Yes glad that issue has been solved. They left the wires to give me a chance to decide if I wanted to get another battery. I decided if I did want another one it would only be charged by solar and not connected to the start battery so out came the wires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need rain over here too. Grass turning brown and pond down about 2 feet.

    When you mentioned clothes shopping it bought to mind NJ. Alabama has a sales tax of almost 10% on EVERYTHING. Well, expect farm equipment and feed. NJ does not have sales tax on food or clothing. So you know where we get our clothes when visiting family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when I first came to AZ and bought something that I had the exact about for and then was told they have a tax on clothes. I almost fell over and it was low then it has more than tripled in 42+ yrs. We don't have a tax on food. I haven't been back to NJ in 32yrs and doubt I ever will go back again

      Delete
  4. I know it felt good to be outside! I didn't let the humidity keep me in this summer I just went ahead and Sweated thru it...now it's nearly over thank goodness...Im so tired of my glasses being filled up with puddles! Glad you got the battery issue behind you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      It wasn't so much the humidity that kept me indoors and the triple digits we may still have a week left with the storms coming in from Mexico way. But at least the temps are in the low 90's I can handle that. Sure glad the battery problem is solved what a mess.

      Delete
  5. I commend you for sticking to your guns and not buying anything. I went to DD's the other day and had to pry myself away from a Betty Boop luggage set.

    You made an excellent choice in disconnecting your battery from the main one and choosing to go with solar. Have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on that subject and most people are glad they choose that route.

    I sure wish we would get some rain or any kind of relief from this daunting heat.The shade trees are getting the short end of the stick. Water rates are high in Del Rio they had contemplated giving senior citizens a break but that did not go anywhere despite citizens speaking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MsBelinda,
      I love that Kirland's they have such great stuff, but with me trying to get rid of stuff it wouldn't make much sence buying more.
      If you have solar you still need a battery or some such thing to store the energy. I could go with just a smaller battery but I think I'd rather do a Jackery. But at this point with the expensive summer bills and now property tax time it will just have to wait.

      I hope you start feeling some relief from the heat soon and get some rain.

      Delete
  6. Good deal about separating the two batteries. If they are the exact same kind they can work well in parallel but a starting battery connected to a deep cycle can get squirrely. We have a Kirkland's not far from here. They have some really cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brad,

    Yes the deep cycle battery had a dead cell so it kept drainging my starter battery. I look into something else a little down the road Like maybe January LOL But that won't keep me from goign camping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete