Saturday, July 18, 2020

Freezer And Playing

I'm sure most of you know the heat here has been a killer and now we have humidity. So isolation is even a bigger pain because now being outdoors is just not much fun.

I had been playing with my camera before the real heat set in so I have some new pictures not many but a few.

I was opening the blinds one morning when I spotted this web I love the rainbow effect from the sunrise


The last full moon 




I finally decided on a freezer. I didn't need a very large one just more than I had with my fridge. So I opted for 1.1 it will be enough for my needs to hold extra meats and veggies. It should be here the week of the 27th I know where I want it just need to find a suitable table to hold it. It can just sit on the counter but I don't want it there. I may put in the computer room or what used to be Freds Man Cave. Fred doesn't use that room anymore. I have my bike and sewing machine in that room. But it is also a play room for the kids so that may not be a good spot. Although they never bother with the bike or the sewing machine. My other option is the computer room which also has space for it. I have 2 weeks to make up my mind.

I have been working on the baby blanket and hope to get it done by Friday. But the yarn has been a bear to work with. It comes out in big chunks of knotted garbage. I have had to cut it off and it wastes a lot. I hope I have enough to finish that would be a rotten shame. The shower was canceled because of Covid19 which is still running rampant here. They are going to do a drive by shower. And they will come to the car to collect the gifts. This is her first baby and she is frantic because her mother will not be allowed in the hospital only the babies father. But when we had our kids no one was allowed in the delivery room we had our babies by ourselves, with a Dr. and a nurse peroid. If I finish the blanket I'll take a picture.

Good Night All

13 comments:

  1. Nice pictures... especially the moon (I can't seem to get good pictures of the moon). Glad you were able to get a freezer. Freezers are a hot commodity and are very hard to find in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked to photos. I'm pretty lucky with this camera. I have had it for a few years now but it's still doing a good job.

      Delete
  2. These are definitely changing times and we all have to find ways of doing things. I think even after this Virus is gone we'll all be more cautious on how we do things.
    Nice Pictures.
    Hope you are still exercising.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,

    Yes I have had quite a time finding a freezer. Even the small ones like I ordered were hard to find. So I was delighted to find this one on Amazon, they had quite a few and some good prices. The stores near me had them but the prices were sky high.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,
    Yes WHEN this virus is gone. I'm so sick of this isolation already but with constant rises in cases I will just have to stay put. From what I see on your blog I exercise more than you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your photos! The web is a beauty...Do you have Skype on your computer? You can see and speak to anyone who has one..it's not hard to set up my sister and I do it, and it's free! Course now Facebook and even Google mail has one and Zoom...it's one way to cure the isolation blues. IM isolating from the heat right now...WOW it's a dilly of a heat wave we got going. A table top freezer sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,

    Thanks glad you enjoyed the spider web.
    Yes I have skype on my computer and my phone has something too found out when my greatgrandson's little face popped up lOL he had to tell me how to turn it off he's only 8 haha. So the heat has caught you know to. We may see some 90's later this week and some monsoon action starting. Stay cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took some very nice pictures JO.

    I am glad to hear that you were able to purchase the freezer you have been wanting for a while...better yet that you got it at a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The freezer sounds great and I'm looking forward to a picture of it. n My husband was the only person allowed in the delivkids.ery room when I had my 4 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stinking hot here in Alabama too. But probably not as bad as Arizona. Several friends here have complained they had a hard time getting a freezer. Took a lot of searching and waiting. I guess more people are now planning ahead. I love having a chest freezer in the basement. Currently keeping it pretty full.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MsBelinda,
    Amazon now has lots of freezers and the prices were really good on some. I can't wait to get it should be in next week. I'll be able to cook more things to freeze.

    Hi Gypsy,

    It's a small freezer but big enough and the price was really great. Mine was to chicken to be in the room.

    Hi Phyllis,

    Seems everyone is complaining about the heat everywhere. We are having a bit of a cool down as the monsoon is building. Freezers were very hard to get for a few months and yes people are thinking ahead now with this virus. If I had a basement I would have gotten a bigger one, but this should do me just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will your freezer sit on a milk crate? I also thought of something like 6 concrete blocks. Or one of those plastic meter boxes, used to bury sprinkler valves. Good luck finding something. I guess a 5 gal. plastic bucket would work temporarily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Phil, thanks for the recommendations I found something and the freezer will fit on it perfectly. I have little ones that come over and I wanted something that wouldn't easily tip over. And my grandson will anchor it to the wall if we put it in the corner of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete