Sunday, October 25, 2020

Beautiful Day



 Debbie and I had planned to go up to Madera Canyon today but we weren't to sure about the weather. We changed our plan and went to the Desert Museum. You know have to make a reservation in advance, I guess so they can make sure it doesn't get to crowded. Our time was at 10 am. When we pulled in there were lots of people waiting to get in so I don't know what that was about.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Cloudy 83 F and a slight breeze.

I made sure I had inhaler and a can of oxygen. Well the can oxygen didn't really do much and neither did the inhalers but we would just stop and sit for awhile and then move on a little further. 

Kind of disappionted in the Humming bird avary as there weren't many species in there. 

We made our way to the Sting Ray exibit. When they first opened it you were able to pet the Rays but they have added a fence now and no more petting is allowed.

The clouds were really getting thick and dark so we decided to call it a day. Most of the pictures are of flowers they were everywhere. Also lots of butterflies. I was having trouble with my camera, it wouldn't focus and then it wouldn't open. I had charged the batteries yesterday as I always carry an extra. So I looked and the battery was almost dead already. I changed out the battery and went on. But that battery was going dead too. As soon as I got home I ordered 2 new batteries.

Debbie, picked up lunch so we found a picnic area and had our lunch that she picked up at Sprouts. They make some really nice little trays, these had grapes, cheese, chicken, and a trail mix. She also picked up a sandwich that we split. Brought home left overs.

It would sprinkle every now and then but nothing to chase us home. We spent a lot of time out there at the picnic table and had a wonderful day.

When you enter the gate there is a small aquarium.

Flower Eels





























Adding pictures is a pain in the neck! I had to delete a few as they were so blurry.

Good Night All

9 comments:

  1. Nice that you were able to visit the Desert Museum as a way of getting out. You managed to get a lot of interesting pictures. The way Hummingbirds dart around it is sometimes difficult to see them.
    Things have changed due to the Virus and may never go back to the way they were.
    Glad you had a nice day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, glad you got out and enjoyed your day been a long time since I was at an aquarian, cool to see the fish and critters...lovely flowers and the lunch sounds delicious. Hope you get more nice days today here its cold and cloudy. But better weather is expected to arrive. Have a great week!! Last week to deal with political ads!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Rick and Kathy,

    It was a beautiful day. No I don't think things will ever be the same or even close, we just need to make the most of what we do get.

    Hi Sondra,

    It was so nice to get out and see all the pretty flowers and the at least the fish. I just wish I could have done more but at least I did what I did. I was so surprised to see so many beautiful wild flowers around. To bad my camera acted up I just hope it was the batteries, all the good batteries were out of stock so I had to get some cheap ones. It was supposed to be in the mid 60s, today but already they are saying 70 but it is very cloudy and forcast for more rain But maybe we will see those 60,s tomorrow before the temps head back up to the 80s'. It will be wonderful to not see those stinkin ads anymore, just hope the right parties win! You have a great weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get out of the house. Camera's always seem to act up when we least expect it. The pictures you have look good, though! I enjoy reading and looking at your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you and your daughter were able to take this short trip. Your camera takes very nice pictures. Loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie,

    It sure was nice to get out into cooler weather and spend some guality time with my daughter. I couldn't believe the camera acted up but the I have had it for a long time but I'm sure it needed new batteries. Hope that's all it is. So happy you enjoy the pictures. I love taking them and it has been a long time since I have found anything to shoot.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    It was a glorious day I can say. We usually only get short visits because she is so busy so this really was a special day. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brings back memories of when we were there a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phyllis,

    It has grown so much. We didn't get to do much because I was having so much trouble breathing but we made the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete