Saturday, October 10, 2020

Cooler Weather!

 As of yesterday we dropped below the triple digits. We are happy with mid to upper 90's. Today was such a beautiful day and I got quite a bit done outside. Well for me anyway. 

Bagged up lots of cardboard from Amazon orders. Swept up lots of leaves from trees I do not have. Tomorrow should be another wonderful day so I will do some raking and check for weeds. 

Anthony came yesterday with the kids and I made chocolate chip pancakes and sausages, for a late lunch I ordered pizzas so Anthony wouldn't have to cook when they went home. He was still up from his over night shift. It was his last as he found a much better job and will be working days now and have weekends off and making much better money.  Anthony and his little guy finished up all the painting so I can now call and have them come check off the work. We discussed how to bury the drain pipes into the ground for another one of there stupid new rules. Anthony fixed the shed wall by adding some screws to the bottom and top of the wall. He also fixed the wire mesh  around the pipe that leads to under the house to make sure I don't get any critters under there and making their way into the house. 

Next big project is to clear out the shed. So many Christmas decorations that are nolonger used and so need to go. This cooler weather has me coming back to life LOL And he also fixed the sagging insulation on the ceiling out there.

Also want to get the porch vacuumed up so I can sit out there and enjoy the wonderful mornings with my coffee. Going to be nice to see some really low electric bills.

So yes lots of things getting repaired makes me happy.

Good Night All!

11 comments:

  1. Im doing all my deferred summer chores now also...it's a good feeling to get all that out of ones mind and make it a reality! Hope the good weather continues for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    Yes it has been a long nasty summer. Everything is so filthy from all the wind we've had. And just time to get rid of things again. Looks like Tue. will be 100 Grrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that the lower temperatures are allowing you to get lots of your chores done.
    Also good that Anthony got a better job.
    Be Safe and Enjoy you lower electric bills.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was great weather here too! Completing projects is a good feeling. Glad to see things are coming together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must feel so good to be able to tick off so many things from your "To-Do List".

    From what you have written about Anthony he sounds like a wonderful father, son, grandson, and overall a fantastic individual. I am so glad he got a better job that will allow him to work during the day.

    Enjoy your morning coffee in these cooler temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to tell Leonard about blog today. You graciously allowed Anthony to do some chores and help you.

    Len's son and family live 20 miles from us. Next closest relative is 550 miles away. Lens shop desperately needs cleaning out and organizing. Son and wife were going to assist today. I made dinner for all of us. Len said he didn't feel like doing it. They came all prepared to work. Len refused. He hates not doing everything himself. Being on oxygen and having both shoulders in need of replacement he can not lift at all. I know they don't mind. In fact son is anxious to get out there as there are so many tools and other items we told him he could have.

    Bottom line, next Sunday I will again make a dinner. And this time this man better let them help. He needs to be more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I thought the weather would neve break here.
    I'm so happy he found a better job too

    Hi Connie,
    This was the hottest summer we have ever had on record. Yes it is a good feeling to start getting things done around here.

    Hi Belinda,

    Yes it is wonderful to start checking things off the to do list.

    My grandson is a sweet kid and would do what ever he can for me. I would be lost without him these days. I hated to ask him for help because of the other job he was not getting any sleep since he was doing the home school with the kids when he got off work. Now at least he can sleep at night and work during the day. I guess the mother is now at least seeing to it they do some home schooling during the day and then Anthony can pick it up after he picks the kids and eat dinner.

    Hi Phyllis,

    Len needs to learn to be OK with letting his son help him out. I never asked anyone to do anything for me until I realized those days were over. We can't turn the clock back so let someone else pick up the load.

    Good luck next week Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Sacramento has abouy 5 days of temps in the upper 90's, and then it looks like we will get some great fall weather in the 70's! I will be glad to see summer go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gypsy,

    Looks like another week of high 90's then maybe lower 90's/ Like you I'am so done with this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete