Wednesday, June 17, 2020

This Will Be The Summer From Hell

I'm sure most of you know that this State is suffering terribly from the fires. We have the big one here in Tucson that started on the Northside of the Catalina Mountains and has now crested and is coming down the Southside they have evacuated over 200 families, I cannot believe people refuse to leave. I guess they forgot how fast that fire darn near trapped them a few years ago. The winds have been nonstop for about 11 days now. 

The other fire called the bush fire is the largest and was started by a car fire just a few days ago and has burned 90,000 acres, it is the biggest fire in the country at this time.

Grand Canyon North rim is closed do to a huge fire up there. Not sure how that one started.

On a news report tonight they said we have already had over 600 wild fires since April. It is so dry here and the wet winter brought lots of grasses which are now nothing but dried fire food. 

I guess I am in the best place to be right now. Although we do have lots of open desert around here. And people who smoke have no brains and throw the damn cigarettes out the car windows. Lots of fires have started this way along roadways. Like they say you just can't fix STUPID!

Well I guess that is all I have for now Sorry about my rant but it is what it is. 

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. So sorry about the fires, it's such a destructive force. There has been little in the news about it, but I am reading about it on others blogs SO that's how I knew it was happening. I def would not hang around to be killed by a fire, It has been a bad year all around and dealing with the fire surely does not help! Hopefully it will be contained or put out soon...till then you be safe and get your "go bag" packed JIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With everything else going on in the news very little is being covered about the fires nationally. Like Sondra I have only been reading about it in the blogs I follow from that area.

    I certainly hope they will soon be contained but pack a bag just in case of your important documents.

    Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that the fires are starting out there again. With winds it makes it almost impossible to control. Frightening. Keep safe, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sondra,

    I'm surprised it hasn't been on the news as they claim this it one of the biggest fires in the Country right now. The one in the Catalina Mountains grew 700 acres overnight. I sure wouldn't want to die in a fire either. Some are being smart and leaving at this point they are allowed to go back up and get more things down and taking care of removing there larger animals to safety down off the mountain. Having the camper on the truck I am always ready to roll. I have a bag in the house that contains more supplies and even prebagged food for Fred, including his treats. That was put together when I thought I was leaving town in April.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,
    No monsoons in sight yet.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Yesterday they had 20% containment on Catalina but over night a big flair up and they lost the containment. I Have everything ready at all times even Fred's records.

    Hi Phyllis,

    Yes it is frightening and we all pray for the firefighters to be safe and go home safe and well. And thank you I will be safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. your rant is justified. People who do stupid things so often hurt others whil they never suffer the consequences,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gypsy,

    I think that is what really makes me angry. While I have stay home and have followed all the guide lines and now because of dumb politicians and overly stupid people we how follow will now have to stay put even longer.
    Hope your feeling less pain today

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would really think, wouldn't you, that after all the destruction from forest fires and other conflagrations in recent years, that people would be more careful? But that's asking humans to be rational and we know how much chance that has of happening!

    ReplyDelete