Saturday, July 10, 2021

Busy Week

 I finally made myself leave the house and go to Super Walmart on Wed. I spent plenty of money since I haven't been shopping for anything other than grocery and some other household things. I spent about 2.5 hrs in there walking all over the store looking for things thatn weren't where they used to be. So many items are now under lock and key so you have to wait for someone to come open up the case. 

Then it was off to Safeway to pick up some meds. By then it was over 100F so I went straight home.

Thursday  it was hair cut day and truck wash it sure needed it bad. Of course the wind is howling out there and the truck will be covered in dirt again.

Friday it was Freds turn for a much needed bath and nail trim.  On the way home topped off my gas which was really expensive I still think the pump was wrong need   check my receipt. 

Today was lunch with my daughter who I used to always go to lunch with before corona.

I thought OK next week I'm free. NOPE new tires are in and so I have an early appt. to get them put on and  then up pops my registration for the truck which mean it needs emissions so I will take care of that early Tue. morning at least the rest can be done on line.

I ordered a hitch step for the truck and that showed up to. I am really happy to have found that as carting around the ladder was a  pain in the butt and was heavy and took up more space.

I know I shouldn 't show my plate but I tried to cover it over and then it wouldn't let me go any further. I will have to move the plate out of the way as it can be  hazzardes to the ankle. Really don't need any injuries. The step is larger than it looks in the picture. I may still need a small step stool on the ground.  Now all I need is for a big drop in the temps and I'm on my way somewhere.

            

We just had a severe weather warning. I had seen one earlier  today but it was for much further west near the boarder. 2 huge gust came through and I quick put Fred out. the dirt was so bad you could  barely see the mountains behind my house. I pulled my shirt up over my mouth and nose and made quick work of his job. LOL All seems to  be calm already.

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. Hu Jo, glad you're getting busy again, and resuming your activities The step bumper is really cool I could use that on my van as it is high off the ground too, I generally have to grab the area around the top brake light and pull myself up..not fun. Hope the wind dies down so you can enjoy being out with Fred. My sister and her husband are coming east in Nov to visit family in various states, so they made a reservation for us at the campground at the Beach for Nov, I will be there 2 nights and 3 days. Hope its not too cold by then...the days will def be short as the time change normally comes at Halloween. So I have that to look forward to. If only it wasn't 74% humidity...yesterday I had to run 2 ac units to feel comfortable inside.
    TC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    Yes I'm glad I made myself get moving again. While I'm waiting for them to install the new tires I'll check for the step stool in the camping section. And a new keypad for this lap top this one keeps getting stuck on the spacer bar haha I hope when your sis comes the weather will be wonderful and you can enjoy your time camping at the beach, that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are getting together for you getting ready for your travels.
    Too bad you are not getting more Rain.
    I read all your posts just don't have the time to comment on all the Blogs we follow. Going back to work sucks.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you felt good to finally be able to go to a big store and shop around.

    It sure sounds like you had a busy week and will stay busy. The high temperatures are all over the nation...if it makes you feel better, at least it does me...to know that others are experiencing the same heat. Misery loves company!

    Love your hitch step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    We had a really good rain last night after I posted this. They say more to come starting tomorrow.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    It was good to get out and spend so much time walking around and then even manage to stop at another store to pick up my meds.
    Yes this awful heat is everywhere, some places say it is cooling down but I know it won't be here for a few more months. But I will continue to get the camper ready. I found the skid matt for the step in the box it was stuck in there and I have a pin from the 2i" ball part so I can just use that for the step it is the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty cool hitch step! I like that! I know what you mean about Wal-Mart. It's the same way here. A $5 USB cable is locked up - I guess because of theft. But there are other far more expensive things that people can steal. LOL. Someone must have stole most of the cashiers. :) Take care Jo!

    ReplyDelete