Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Will This Be It?

Will this Fall be it, I really need this to be the year I get to go camping! Today I ordered tires for the truck finally. A couple of days ago I ordered a hitch step, You slide it into the hitch of the truck and put in the carter pin. I am sick of carting that ladder around so I can get in and out of the back of truck. It's heavy and adds to my space. I hate making plans anymore as something always gets in the way. I don't have any appt.s until Dec. so everything should be fine. I'll do a close by camping and then see how it goes. I'll either keep going or come home and do the laundry and if anything else is needed or not needed I will make the adjustments and then take it from there. Now none of this will happen until late Sept. or early Oct. no way am I going anywhere in this heat. I need to pull most of the stuff out of the camper to give it a good cleaning and wash the bedding which will remain in the house to stay clean.

As for the rain, it took a hike on us as usual but the humidity is still pretty high for us and the temps are on the rise again. OH well that's Tucson for you.

Good Night All

 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, I really hope it all works out for you, Even if you got a paid spot with electric it would be a good get away for you. Same problem here with the heat this time of year and the rain...so it's not a lot you can do unless it's a beach camp then one can sit by ocean and watch the waves. Tonight we have a tropical storm arriving just hope it doesnt knock the power off!
    Enjoy your planning and keep the dream alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Determination...... keep repeating.....I will go camping, I will go camping, I will go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo I had so much fun on my first camping trip I didn't want to come home and just keep going; but, it was so hot all over the country so where should I go. Am planning another one for mid-Sept to early Oct for another couple of weeks. As Phyllis says above: "I will go cammping".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really hoping you get to go camping this fall because that means the temps have come down a bit. We will be back in AJ by the end of September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,

    At this time even a paid site wouldn't help with this heat, but by mid Sept. early Oct things should be cool enough at Madera. I hope you don't get hit to hard with the tropical storm and all is safe.

    Hi Phyllis,
    I will go camping, I will go camping!

    Hi Emily,

    Keep watching for a post from you. I'm so happy you went camping and had a great time. But yes this heat is impossible and it seems to be all over the country. Folks even tried Maine and said it is awful so I'll wait it out. The White MOuntains aren't to bad if you don't have to be concerned with all the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandie,

    I hope the weather has cooled down for you in Montana. And I sure hope we have cooled down by the end of September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say go camping whenever you can - long as well as short trips. If you wait for the perfect time you may be waiting a long time, because in my experience, there is always something happening to make you wonder if you should just stay home. Go, girl, go! Some day you won't be able to travel or won't feel like traveling - there will be so many things that will keep you from traveling. So do it now and don't wait for the perfect time! (The voice of experience!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gypsy,
    I have followed you for a very long time and I know where your coming from. Believe me I have waited way to long already to not go. But camping in 105-108 degrees is not enjoyable LOL. But the minute this heat breaks I'm gone. My hitch step came today so I'm excited to see how the works out for me. I'll take a picture tomorrow and do a post. Thank You for your words of encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got good advice from the readers above. I sure hope you get to go camping this year so I can travel vicariously with you.

    What a great idea about the hitch step!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get to go camping soon!

    ReplyDelete