Sunday, August 15, 2021

More Monsoon!

 I thought the monsoon was over, but it came around for another slam. We have had a really great season after a few years of nothing and bad drought. We are almost out of that danger now. The other night we had a storm that came through with such force I thought for sure my roof was going to be a goner. Since I didn't see the lightening I wasn't prepared for the super load thunder  boom. I jumped right out of my chair and then a second one hit. After that came the high winds and down pour.  It was great.

I noticed Fred hadn't been listening very well lately and thought he was just ignoring me. But it is confirmed he is deaf. We are pretty sure he is a lot older than we thought. His face has gotten very grey, since he is a spotted white guy the grey just wasn't that noticeable until recently.   Other than his hearing he is still very healthy and still likes to play sometimes. He does sleep more but that is to be expected.

I guess even though it is still monsoon season I really need to take the truck for a wash as it looks awfull. With the winds that come up even with all the rain it blows dust something terrible and even though I have a carport the rains are so wind driven that it wets the truck enough to make a real mess.

The lower temps have been great but the humidity is higher and so it still isn't very comfortable outside to clean out the camper. But it will come soon. I HOPE!

Today my daughter and I attempted a new place for brunch but as usual with new places people were lined up outside. So we went to Red Robin. The food is good but the prices are very high. Having a friendly server made it worth it.

Good Night All!

13 comments:

  1. Sure hope my place is still standing when we get back. Our park manager posted some pictures of the muddy mess just outside the park. But the rain is really welcomed. Take all we can get. Hopefully we get some rain up here tomorrow to help with the fires and smoke. Our Skitz went deaf when she got older. Hard to see the little ones age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coming and going of the monsoonal rains is interesting and welcomed - just as long as we don't have the continued torrential rains like Las Cruces and El Paso are getting. So far I am catching up on the weeds from the rains before this last one late last week. Then there will be more. The mountains around me still have a nice green tinge to them. Sure glad I don't have to weed them!

    It's looking like my fall truck camping trip, to eastern KS and right down the middle of Texas to San Antonio, is going to be on hold due to the increasing spread of the delta variant. Why go into hotbed areas. How is it out your way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, Glad you are getting rain that sure does help matters with fire danger and keep the rivers flowing...We are getting ready for another tropical storm to come up and drench us, we never know just how much rain we will get..depends on how fast it's traveling. I have been hibernating this Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie,

    We sure have had a great monsoon season but some areas got hit pretty hard. A couple of times I had to circle around to get back to my house after I did a store run. But yes we will take all the rain we can get. Hope you get some up there to help with the fires and smoke.

    Hi Emily,

    Keep looking for a post from you it has been over a year. So really happy to see you comment here.
    .
    Weeds are really growing and I was so happy I got some gone before more rain came. Of course the yard is full again. Tomorrow should be a dry day so I will get out really early and spray again.
    Sorry you trip may be delayed because People who refuse to get vaccinated are so ignorant it is horrible! This virus should be long gone by now. I haven't hear to much about delta yet so paying attention. But even short trips close to home will make me happy and you have so many beautiful campgrounds near you with lakes. Hope we both get to go out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,

    Yes the rains are very important for most forested places. It does make for hibernation though. To hot and humid but it will be fall soon!! Be safe in the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As it looks like your truck is black I can relate. Our truck is black and it sure shows the dirt. Fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phyllis,

    The truck is very dark blue so yes it shows the dirt really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say this weather is crazy but it seems that crazy weather has become the norm. Glad you survived the thunder boomer 😮 They make me jump too 😅

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Connie,

    Yes the weather seems to have made a big change and of course it has nothing to do with globel warming. That thunder boom was really close and very loud LOL. Usually I'm not fazed by it but this was so unexpected. How did you get the smiley faces?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only use the smiley faces when I'm using my phone. On my laptop I don't see an option to use the smiley face emoji's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Jo. I really need to read blogs more often. You are so great about commenting on mine. Our friends in Tucson called today and said everything there is brilliant green with all the record breaking rains. Quite the monsoon this year, for sure. Sorry about Fred being deaf but glad he is at least healthy otherwise. Stay cool. I am glad I know what that little blue truck looks like in person, and you as well. Hugs from both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In sure wish we would get some rain here in California, but I am almost afraid to wish for anything right now. Except, of course, I wish the fires could be extinguished sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jo,

    Long time no chat! Been a crazy Monsoon season up here on the mountain almost at 20 inches of rain at my place, and that's just from April. Maybe Ginger is getting deaf now to cause she doesnt listen either unless its the refrigerator door then she show up lol. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete