Thursday, March 10, 2022

Making Progress!


Tuesday, did my grocery shopping. Some items have not returned to the shelves and maybe  never will who knows. Some prices have not increased and some have only a small amount while some have skyrocketed, mainly my coffee has shot up by $3. .The bill was pretty high and I am still not done! But I knew it was going to be a heavy load to carry so I quit and will go back maybe tomorrow.

Yesterday I completed the making of the bed in the camper. I had bought a set of drawers so I hauled it into the camper only to find the unit stood to tall. No problem I could use them in the craft room. I had the perfect one in the computer room so I had to empty it out. No big deal. Did some laundry and dusted and vacuumed the house. (today big winds again grrr)

Today I  went out with the shorter set of draws. Of course I had to bolt it to the floor. Don't remember having this much trouble the last time when I first set up the camper. But got it done. Went in search of something to  use for latches so the drawers won't fly open. With a little creativity I made some and put them into place. But the unit was still not very stable so I had to use bungie cords, worked out OK but I think I will add some screws to the frame for better and easier use of bundies. Put some things away in the new unit . Then I headed in for some lunch and to get out of blowing dust.

Folded more laundry and then went into the craft room to straighten out in there. Have you ever noticed the more you try to organize the bigger the mess gets? I did manage to gather all the yarn up into one bag.

After that I was done for the day. So I sat in my chair and started to crochet the shawl I have been working on so I can finish it up and get it put away. I will have another great grandbaby in August so I need to finish up all projects so I can start the blanket. But have to wait until April 18 for the gender announcement.

Other than that the weather still stinks, we had 3 days in the 80's and then it dipped down into 1 day at 58 and then into the 60's and the nights went down into the freezing mark. So glad I hadn't bought the plants yet! We have had so much wind it is awful and allergies are horrible. The house is always full of dust. I have a feeling there will be no spring at all and will dive right into a horribly hot summer. What else is new. So hope to be able to get in a few camping trips before that as long as the nights are in the mid 40's I can handle that.

Good Night All!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new grandbaby! 💕 I can relate to the organizing dilemma... the more you try to organize the bigger the mess gets 😅

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,
    Thank You and that will be great grandbaby 8. Yes I have one box of things left in the craft room to organize then see how long it takes to get all messed up again. 8(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prices are all UP in my town...and Gas is $4.09 cent this week, So not much travel in my future..I was remembering when we had the Oil Embargo in 1973, we had to wait in long lines, but the gas was 57 cents a gallon...I waited an hour and got a dollars worth one time...lol it's a gloomy week here but the sun returns on Sunday I hope...Glad you're getting organized...
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your analysis of the grocery prices. Good on you to be able to bolt drawers to the floor of your truck and to be able to rig latches to secure them.

    I sure hope you are able to get to go camping soon. Congratulations on your 8th great grandbaby!

    The darn winds have not let up in a while and today they are particularly strong...I do not know what is up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,
    I remember whose lines for gas it was crazy and we had plenty of gas in this country to stop the problem. It has been mostly sunny here but windy and chilly. I don't mind the chili but the wind has just been awful. I'm just about done with organizing for now. Even managed to box up more stuff for donations.
    You have a good week also

    Hi MsBelinda,
    I had put down a 1/4 in plywood floor in the bed of the truck when I set it up for camping with also a sheet of insulation. I so glad I added that flooring it helps with cold also and I have carpeting on top with an area rug, even with that the floor can still be quite cold. Now to just get the right temps for camping!

    Thanks on the baby congratulations. They sure are doing it up right as they just bought a house too I'm happy for them.

    I sure hope we have a break in the wind soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather seems to be fickle everywhere. It was 70 here on Friday. Yesterday 34 and a low last night of 18. Who can keep track of that! And woke yesterday to about an inch of snow. Its gone now. Must have really blown hard as a folding chair was blown off the porch. That explains why Beagle Biscuit jumped up and ran to the door that night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phyllis,
    Yes the weather is very weird this year. have had so strong winds that even the back part of the yard has a blown over chair, usually the porch give protection from down there. Hope the roller coaster of hot to freezing is over from the looks of it. But snow at your place WOW!

    ReplyDelete