Thursday, June 9, 2022

No Spring Just HEAT!!!

 We have already been in the triple digits for this week and it will keep climbing as the week turns into another week. Today 104 and tomorrow 107 by Sunday 109 and so on. They are predicting storms rolling in June 16 and the 17th. we shall see.

Today I left the house at 6:15 to run to Walmart for some tank tops and a couple more pair of shorts. I haven't worn tank tops in years but this summer will be horrible and I'm wearing them around the house. I meant to look at the newer battery powered fans and totally forgot in my rush to get back home. So I will go back tomorrow! I know we are going to have black outs as we already have had a few brown outs. Trying to keep on using the cooler rather than the A/C but I think tonight I will turn on the A/C to let the cooler have a break as it has been running non stop for a couple days already.

Other than that trying to keep my plants alive outside. I bought a roll up shade for the porch that I use length wise to give them some shade. The prices on those have risen about $10. so it isn't a long as I would have liked.

Had the house gutters cleaned this week and boy did they need it bad. Lots of junk in them of course that made a huge mess that I had to get cleaned up. Did a little each day and vacuumed the porch off again. So glad I thought to bring in the cushions and a few other things as that junk was everywhere and the porch was soaked.

If you are having this kind of weather make sure you drink lots of water. I keep have frozen bottles in the freezer and top them off with cold water and use padded water bottle covers.

Good Night All!


No comments:

Post a Comment