Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Fall!!!

 Fall has arrived and it has been pretty chilly. I'm loving it have waited for it since April. Thur. night we are going to drop down into the 30's and the days high will be in the low 60's, that will last only a couple of days then warm up a wee bit. Tomorrow the flannel sheets will go on the bed.

I have made a couple pots of chicken soup already and one beef stew. Been collecting some new soup recipes. Yes I love my soups. Today to warm up the place I made a meat loaf. Tomorrow I'm going to bake up some Cheesy Chicken. Also will cook up lots of veggies.

Also made some outdoor preparations. Drained the cooler and covered the outdoor faucets. Still need to disconnect the hose. 

I really need to get some Christmas shopping done! I only have 1 child done. And I thought I had 1 daughter done and then received an email the order was canceled due to lack of stock, then remove the item from your online list. I have my other daughters birthday gift coming which is Dec. 21, now to figure out what to get her for Christmas. No you never combine the gifts and never wrap her birthday gift in Christmas paper or bag LOL 

Other than that not to much else going on did some sewing and lots of crocheting. Doubt I will finish the blanket I am working on in time to gift it.

I don't see camping happening as Fred is just to old and he hates it. He is having issues now with arthritis and of course he is deaf which I have already mentioned, plus his sight isn't all that great either. Sometimes I think he forgets why he wanted to go outside or maybe he just wants to see me jump up and down to let him out, I don't leave him out there alone as it was reported that javelina have been sighted in the Village, I have not seen them but won't take any chances. I have a small fenced area for Fred but it can easily be knocked over by those things.  I'm not in that great of shape to be lifting him in and out of the truck when he has to go pottie or just wants back in the truck and then out again. He thinks he owns me!

Good Night All


9 comments:

  1. I have news for you,,,, Fred DOES own you. Just like Biscuit owns us. We might as well get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phyllis,
    HAHA But yes they do don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this really great comment all written and it disappeared. My life lately. The peppers definitely do own us and we sacrifice for them. Miss ours but no more for me. Not looking forward to the drop in temps. But I hope it snows and snows and snows on the mountains. We need it so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie,
    Seems blogger is having issues, someone sent me an email asking of I received there post and no I haven't. GRrrr Face Book is annoying enough now blogger too.
    Yes for me to give up my love of camping you know that little devil has me wrapped around his paw. The drop in temps is glorious to me I love winter at least here. We may see snow on the mountains over the weekend, we shall see. Put my flannel sheets on the bed today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you're getting good weather a welcome change of pace...keep Fred safe no use to take chances have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sondra,
    No can't take chances with Fred or myself since I have to use a ladder to climb in out of the camper, especially in the dark.
    Sending you Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo! The soups sure sound good! I've been doing the same here, making chowders and poultry soups. We've got 2 more 70 degree days and then the bottom will fall out. I hear ya about the camping season kind of winding down. Have a good one. Take care both you and Fred!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brad,
    I love soups. I keep the freezer full all winter. It has been pretty chilly here over night and into the mornings, these past few days have been in the mid 60s to low 79's I love it. You take care also and best wishes to your kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi jo Blogger seems to working hope all is well for you.

    ReplyDelete